Thursday, August 29, 2019

A happy memory of Lady

LADY
A STILL-YOUNG LADY
I think my favorite memory of Lady came shortly after we got her.

She'd gotten out of the yard (again), and I was ready to go look for her. Then I noticed a fluffy tail waving in a neighbor's yard.

As I walked toward her, she noticed me. She looked happy as she raced toward me. I lowered my upper body and spread my arms; she jumped into my arms and started licking my face.

I carried her inside (she was maybe 40 pounds then) to get her leash; then we went for a walk.

We had other great memories, but that one still stands out. She couldn't look happier, and I felt the same way.


Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment