Monday, June 28, 2021

LADY HELPING ME WITH A TREE LIMB

LADY AT REPOSE
YEARS AGO, my dog Lady and I were going down the driveway, and we came on a large tree limb. I wanted to throw it into the big, tree-covered ditch beside our property, so I picked up the big end of the limb and began pulling it through the yard.

Suddenly, it felt like a powerful force had hit the limb. I turned, and my 35-pound dog had grabbed the  limb and was helping me pull it toward the ditch.

Yes, I was surprised. I wouldn't have thought that such a relatively small dog would have such strength; and I was surprised that she'd want to do it.

She LOVED to catch things (chewies, toys, limbs, etc.) in her jaws.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment