Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Dixie and the mostly black cat

Dixie and I haven't done
much today, but I did walk her out to the trash barrel at the end of the driveway.


Dixie was moving all over the place and managed to get her leash caught up in one of the wheels on the barrel. I struggled to get her and the barrel back to the carport; then I turned the barrel on its side in the grass and managed to get the leash loose from the wheel.

Finally, a neighborhood cat (mostly black with a little white on its chest) came in the carport as we were heading to the kitchen door. It hunkered down as Dixie looked at it. I said NO! and Dixie didn't bark at the cat. She tried to move toward it, though, and I gently used the leash to pull her toward the door.

When I opened it, Dixie hurried in. I don't know what happened to the cat.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment