Thursday, January 16, 2020

DIXIE and a CAT getting along

I was a little apprehensive today when a cat came up behind Dixie and me while we were walking. The cat was trying to approach Dixie, and I was afraid Dixie would get scratched.

I kept Dixie away from the cat, but it was relentless. Finally, I let Dixie stay still as the cat approached. The cat licked her ear and head a few times and rubbed its head against hers.

By the time we got to the carport, the cat had repeated this lick and rub ritual seven more times. And I petted a cat for the first time in more than 20 years; in fact, I did it twice. The cat backed up a step as I reached out to it; then I offered my fingers, and it rubbed its head against them. Then I petted it.

I was afraid it would try to go in the house, but it walked away.

I wish I could have gotten a picture.

By the way, this wasn't the mostly black cat I've mentioned before. This one has a black background and appears to have ashes all over it. (Those are its natural colors.)

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment