Monday, March 16, 2020

Come HERE, Dixie!

The most aggravating thing about our beagle Dixie is her not coming to the door when she's called.


Today, I stuck my head out the door and called; nothing. I put on my cap and went outside and called; nothing. Then I went to the deck and saw her in the grass. I called; nothing

Finally, I went to the edge of the deck, and she started following me. I heard her cord rustling behind me and realized she'd gone back into the yard.

I went out, grabbed her cord and dragged her to the door. I opened the door, and she ran inside.

That was too much drama for something so simple. Is there a way to train her to come inside?

Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment