Wednesday, June 7, 2023

BRAYING LIKE A DONKEY

LADY, NOT LOOKING AT ME IN SURPRISE.

Years ago, Lady and I
were at Covington Park, walking beside the small lake. Beyond the lake were a hill and a field, and a donkey and mule were grazing on grass.

I decided to see if I'd get a response, so I brayed like a donkey (a friend's dad taught me that years earlier).

I got a response, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Lady suddenly turned and looked at me in shock; How could you SAY that? I had no answer for her.

We went on with our walk undisturbed, and I never got a response from the hill.

I always wondered if Lady ever remembered the braying incident. As far as I know, I never brayed again.


THIS ISN'T THE SAME DONKEY

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

ENTRIES FROM THE DOG BLOG

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment