Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Three Stooges

LADY POSING AT THE DOG PARK
Twelve or so years ago, we had three dogs, Lady (mutt), Katie (collie) and Buddy (dumb mutt).

One evening, I had accidentally left them out in the yard with the gate closed to the fenced-in area against the house. When I opened the gate to let them in, they all charged forward and got jammed together in the gate.

They looked like Curly, Larry and Moe as they struggled in the gate. After a few seconds, Lady had the sense to back out, allowing Katie and Buddy to charge forward. Then she followed.

Sadly, I never took a photo of the three of them together.

I didn't have a camera and didn't even think of one at the time. Now, I wish I had a picture of the Stooges. Nyk, nyk, nyk.

Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment