Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This woman obviously loves collies

THIS ISN'T SCOTTIE. IT'S AN UNIDENTIFIED COLLIE GETTING A BATH
AT COLLIE RESCUE OF THE CAROLINAS IN WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.
AND IT DOESN'T LOOK HAPPY, IF YOU GO BY THE EARS.

This is a comment to my blog entry Down but not out:
Aww, that's so sweet. Glad to hear Scottie is still able to walk. I love collies! I grew up with collies and miss seeing them around. I think it's simply too hot here in Florida for their beautiful thick coats.
Thanks for the comment, Lisa (someone I know from various networks).

I've often thought that Scottie, our collie, and Lady, our sled-dog clone, would be really happy up north but really unhappy farther south.


You can't tell as much with Scottie, but Lady is quick to pant hard. Sometimes we'll go to the dog park and she'll immediately lie down in the shade. When she does that, it's time to go home.



Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment