Saturday, September 7, 2013

Almost alone at the dog park

LADY IS NEVER ALONE AT
THE DOG PARK; I'M THERE.
I had a strange feeling at the dog park today. Lady and I were about to take a walk outside the fence, and I noticed a lone dog lying calmly in the grass in the middle of the enclosure. Other than the dog, the park looked empty.

For a minute or two, I waited and saw and heard nothing. I worried that I might have to take the dog somewhere.

Just as I was about to call my wife, I heard a young female voice (she was probably in her 20s) calling the dog. The owner was standing on the other side of the park, below the hill, so I couldn't see her.

The dog jumped up and ran to her, and we walked on. I don't know about Lady, but I was relieved.

Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.


More entries from The Dog Blog
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


No comments:

Post a Comment