Monday, March 24, 2014

Lady on the run

LADY ON A GREAT DAY...
Lady and I were in the little-dog side of the dog park the other day when Lady turned to me with a twinkle in her eyes. She lowered her front, like she wanted to play, and she ran.

She'd stop and do it again. After a moment, I started playing with her. I'd stamp my foot, like I was going to chase her, and she'd start running in circles.

She probably ran and played like that for 45 seconds. Then she went back to being a boring, 13-year-old dog.

But I was happy to see the outburst for a few minutes. The nice thing is that she didn't seem winded when she started sniffing the fence again.

A bunch of dog owners went into the small-dog side because of work being done to the fence on the big-dog side. When the workers left, everyone else went to the big-dog side. So we were alone again.

Note: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.


Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment