Friday, June 13, 2014

A new trick for Lady

LADY AT THE DOG PARK...
They say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but Lady learned a new trick yesterday.

I was driving down the road toward the dog park when I realized that the left-rear window was open, and Lady had stuck her head out into the wind! Apparently, she stood on the windowsill and accidentally touched the button that opens the window.

I tried to just run the window up with my left hand, but it wouldn't work; her head was in the way. So I had to slow to a crawl and reach back to move her head out of the way. Then I ran the window up and proceeded on up the road.

Why the worry? She was trying to climb out of the window at 40 miles an hour. I must remember to "lock" the window from now on.

NOTE: She's stood on that windowsill since then, but I keep the windows locked.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016, two weeks before her unofficial birthday (we got her Oct. 1, 2002).

NOTE: Dixie stood on the windowsill just after we got her. She learned early.

 EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment