Saturday, June 4, 2016

Lady among the electrical cords

Lady scared me a little bit today. I was watching TV during a lightning storm (probably not a good idea), and Lady decided to hide against the wall on the other side of the TV.

Suddenly, the TV went out. Immediately, I realized that Lady had stepped on the power strip and turned it off. That's when she decided to come out of there, and she got tangled up in electric cords. I was afraid she'd either electrocute herself or destroy the TV.

Fortunately, I got her out of there with no damage to her, the electric cords or the TV. Then I stuck something in the way so she couldn't go back there again.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016; that was just two weeks short of her unofficial 16th birthday. We got her Oct. 1, 2002.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment