Saturday, September 17, 2016

Tough trip to the dog park

After we took Lady to the vet today for cremation, Holly and I decided to visit the dog park. I figured that petting a few dogs would make me feel better. It didn't.

I recognized one of the women there with her German shepherd, and I wound up talking to her and another woman about Lady's passing. Of all the dogs there today, just one (a Great Dane) came up to be petted (in fact, he came over three times). I enjoyed the encounters, but it ultimately was as much a negative as positive.

Besides, the active Dane nearly took me out once; I deflected most of the blow.

After about 10 or 15 minutes, I rejoined Holly in the car and went home. I couldn't stand it without Lady.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment