Thursday, December 15, 2016

Shouting at Covington Park

DIXIE AND I VISIT COVINGTON PARK OFTEN.
DIXIE AND I WERE walking at Covington Park yesterday, and I suddenly heard a commotion on the front side of the park.

It sounded like two people were shouting and cussing each other. I couldn't pick out many words, but I feared that someone would pull out a firearm. So Dixie and I walked in the other direction and headed back toward the car.

Fortunately, I had decided not to park up front; instead, I drove back to the parking lot near the softball field. And that was a good thing.

When we got in the car and drove back toward the front of the park, there were two police cars in there with the shouters. If I'd parked in that lot, we would have been trapped in there.

Instead, we eased on down the road, and the shouters were stuck.




EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment