Thursday, January 12, 2017

Shooting near Covington Park

DIXIE AND I HEARD SHOOTING TODAY.
I was a little unnerved today when Dixie and I took a walk at Covington Park. Someone was firing what sounded like a pistol, and it was going off near houses and inside the town limits. It sounded less than 50 yards from us.

I was almost afraid to walk Dixie back toward the car (and the shooting).

A man I recognized stopped his truck when he saw us, got out and came over to us. He said I was a good man for taking in a three-legged dog, and he petted Dixie up. (She quivered with joy.) He also called 911 about the shooting.

My shot count reached 47 while I was talking to him, and it eventually reached 61. I hope the police stopped the shooter, even if he was just taking target practice on the first nice day we've had lately.

He was too close for comfort.

Related post: Shouting at Covington Park

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.




EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment