Monday, June 19, 2017

THREE LEGS ARE ENOUGH

DIXIE'S LEFT HIND LEG IS MISSING.
I wish I had a photo of Dixie when I'm walking her. Sometimes she'll get her leash sort of tangled with her one hind leg.

Instead of crying and waiting for me to help her, she'll hop that one leg as many times as necessary to get over the leash. Often, it takes one hop.

And she'll keep going.

It's true that Dixie limps noticeably, and sometimes her hind leg will slip on a wood floor and she'll fall for a second.

Still, she usually gets around just fine.

I sometimes tell people that Dixie is not handicapped. The only thing that slows her down is me.

Today, I took Dixie to Covington Park so I could recycle some cans and bottles. It began to rain shortly after we got there, but I eventually got rid of the recyclables. Then we took a short walk, and Dixie got petted by two adults and two little boys. As usual, she was thrilled.

• Woof! (translation: Go away, kid; you bother me)

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment