Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Disembodied harness

DIXIE AND ME
Something strange happened between Dixie and me this morning. We were taking our usual walk in the neighborhood, and, as usual, she laid down to roll in the pavement.

Her leash got wrapped around her paw, so I went over to get her untangled when her harness came off in my hand. I unhooked the leash from the disembodied harness and hooked it to her collar. I carried the harness in one hand as we continued her walk.

We're at home now, and she seems happy without the harness.

The problem is that I need to figure out what to do when we take our next walk.

Related posts

• Dixie gave me a scare

• Dixie gave me a few moments of panic

• Dixie got loose again

• Oh, no; she got out of the yard again




EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment