Thursday, November 7, 2013

THE CHASE IS ON

HERE'S AN OLD PHOTO OF LADY LOOKING AT 
THE GEESE IN THE WATER. THIS WAS TAKEN AT A 
NEARBY CEMETERY. NOTICE THE TAIL IS DOWN.

The other day, Lady and I were at the dog park, and she spied a squirrel. She started running to my left, and I looked up from my book and saw the tiny animal sprinting toward the fence.

I'd never seen a squirrel inside the enclosure before and was surprised. Apparently, the squirrel was, too.

Lady almost got it, but it managed to get high enough on the fence so she couldn't reach it. The baby squirrel scampered over the top, cut across the grass and hurried into the woods. Let's hope it learned not to test fate too close to the dogs.

Later that day, I noticed another thing I hadn't seen before — a flock of birds walking inside the enclosure. Lady saw them, too, and started that way. The birds leisurely took off and were maybe 15 feet in the air when she got close.

She stood and watched them slowly fly away. And I didn't have a camera.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.

More entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment