Sunday, February 16, 2014

Walking in the cemetery

HERE'S AN OLD PICTURE OF LADY AND ME AT THE
CEMETERY LAKE. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED
LIKE TODAY; JUST ADD SNOW AND ICE.
I wish I had a camera today when Lady and I walked around the local cemetery. We couldn't walk in our neighborhood because of the ice still on our driveway and in our cul-de-sac. I drove us to Covington Park, but it was closed.

So I tried the local cemetery.

Most of the driving area was dry, although there were wet and even icy spots in the shade. I parked the van in the corner, and we stayed around the lake. It was drier up the hill, but it was easier for me to walk around the lake.

We saw and heard two geese swimming and honking in the little lake, and Lady acted like she wanted to go swimming with them. Two more geese sailed in before we left. They came in hot, honking all the way, then spread their wings and sank gently into the water.

Lady had plenty of new sniffs, and she marked a lot of territory.

I wish we could have kept walking, but the walking (and maybe the cold) was hurting my back. So we just made one circuit of the lake and came home.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment