Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My hood caused Lady's double-take

LADY GOING IN AFTER A WALK.
I was walking Lady tonight, and I had a memory from maybe 10 years ago (we've had her for more than 13 years).

Anyway, I was walking with my hood up tonight; it was cold. That night long ago, I was walking Lady down the lane from us, and I put my hood up.

Lady casually turned and DID A DRAMATIC DOUBLE TAKE! She actually jumped in the air and rotated to where she was facing me. I laughed and said, "It's only me, Lady." She visibly relaxed when she heard the voice, turned and headed home.

Fortunately, she didn't turn and see my hood tonight. I wonder if she'd have reacted.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016, a date that still hurts me.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

More entries from The Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment