Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Why do dogs lean on you?

I HELD LADY SO HOLLY COULD GET A PICTURE.
I was just thinking about dogs leaning on you. Some dogs lean on me, and it's obvious they want attention. Maybe they want petted.

Or maybe they're hiding from a person or another dog, and they feel comfortable (and safe) around me.

I've always wondered if it's partly about dominance.

We've had Lady since October 2002, and she's never once leaned on me. But she lets me know when she wants petted, fed or let outside. She gets lovey; she just doesn't lean.

Lady has run to me when she was afraid, but there's no leaning. She'll burrow between my legs or lay down underneath where I'm sitting.

I just found an online article about dog leaning. I also found a YouTube video that says a dog is looking for attention when it leans on you.

Any ideas on the subject?

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK



More entries from The Dog Blog











Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal


(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)


(the book of great NASCAR stories)




More blog entries by Tom Gillispie







Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment