Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Powerful once more

LADY DOING A PEE DANCE, FROM SIX OR SEVEN YEARS AGO.
Lady had seemed weak lately, and I was concerned about her this morning. I heard something fall downstairs and worried that it might be her. Then when I found her, she just lay around, lethargic and seemingly disinterested.

She hadn't fallen, but this seemed as bad as a fall.

Then everything changed this afternoon.

I wanted to go to the library, and as soon as I grabbed my hat Lady came running to go along. She had no trouble getting in the car. And once she got on the back seat, she was so vigorous that she got tangled up in the seat belt. It took me several seconds to untangle her.

The kicker came when she made a mess later when we were walking at Covington Park. As I bent to pick it up in a poop bag, Lady did a violent pee dance reminiscent of what she did 10 or 12 years ago. I struggled to keep from being pulled over.

For one afternoon at least, she was back.

(Now, we're home again, and, naturally, Lady's turned back into a lump. Maybe we have to go somewhere before she'll show some energy.)

NOTE: This was posted May 18, 2016, almost four months to the day before she passed on Sept. 17, 2016. 

CONTACT: Email me at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)


(the book of great NASCAR stories)




More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment