Sunday, July 2, 2017

Dixie on the run (down the driveway)

DIXIE AND ME
Normally, Holly and I make sure we keep our beagle Dixie on the leash. Today, Holly was walking back up the driveway, and, for some reason, I called her.

Holly let the leash go, and Dixie raced up the driveway with a slight wobble (she has only three legs), and she came right to me. Our long-time dog, Lady, who is no longer with us, probably would have run off to a neighbor's yard, so that's one mark up for Dixie.

I told her that she's a good girl, and she is. It's a good feeling to know that my dog isn't going to take me on a tour of the neighborhood.

Right now, she's taking a nap on her little bed in the office, about three feet from me.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)
More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment