Monday, August 25, 2014

Walking away from me

LADY LOOKED AT ME, THEN WALKED AWAY.

Sometimes Lady's a pain in the butt. Today, I took Lady to the big-dog side of the dog park; it was too wet on the small-dog side, where I normally take her.

We were there more than an hour, so I decided it was time to go. A man came in with his German shepherd, and, for some reason, Lady took an interest in it. Instead of coming to me when I called, she turned away from me and followed the big dog to the far end of the dog park.

I wasn't going to walk all the way down there, so I went to the car to leave something in it. I figured she'd come back when she saw that I was gone. When I came back, Lady was near the gate, looking lost.

I grabbed her, and we came home.

But I don't know what I'll do next time. I may not take her in the big-dog side again.


UPDATE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016, and I'm in mourning. I'd gladly put up with her little problems, if she were still here.

EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK


BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment