Sunday, May 10, 2015

Wide open gates at the dog park

LADY AND I HAD TO BE CAREFUL WITH
THE OPEN GATES AT THE DOG PARK.
The other day, Lady and I went to the dog park, and there was something amiss when I opened the gate to the small-dog side.

First, the main gate was unlocked. When I went through it and locked it, I thought the gate to my left (the exit gate) wasn't there! Then I realized that someone had left the gate wide open. Then, when we were ready to leave, I noticed that the other gate (the one into the small-dog side) was open, too.

It looked like the wide-open gate was sprung and wouldn't go closed on its own.

The weird thing was that all three gates were open the next day, too. The only difference this time is that the gate to the left (the exit gate) just wasn't wide open.

After those first two days, the gates have been closed.

P.S.: Ron, who works for the recreation department, worked at fixing the gates today (May 14). I haven't noticed them open since; thanks, Ron.

Note: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.

Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal

(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment