Sunday, July 10, 2016

Hooked by a hanger

I DIDN'T GET A SHOT OF HER AND THE HANGER.
Lady rarely brings me anything anymore, but she did today. She came up to my chair in front of my desk, and she tried to tell me something. (She does this huh-huh-huh thing that sounds a bit like talking and reminds me of ZZ Top.)

I immediately noticed that something was wrong. There was a clothes hanger hanging from the front of her harness. It wasn't hurting or bothering her, but she obviously wanted to get rid of it. So I removed it and put it on a cabinet to my right.


I rubbed her head, and she licked my wrist once or twice.


How did it get there? I assume she laid down on it, then got caught when she stood up. At least it didn't poke her in the eye.


And she was really cute standing there with the hanger and a big doggie smile.


NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016; that was just two weeks short of her unofficial 16th birthday. We got her Oct. 1, 2002. 

NOTE 2: She lived about nine weeks after the hanger incident.

Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment