Tuesday, November 15, 2016

YELP!

SHE WAS LACY THEN; NOW, SHE'S DIXIE.
Dixie scared me to death today when I was taking her outside. As I got near the kitchen door, I stepped back and heard a tremendous YELP!


It was so loud and forceful that I literally jumped. Dixie skittered off toward the living room after I stepped on her paw. I figured that I couldn't have hurt her too badly, considering how fast she headed into the other room.

I said "Come here, Dixie", and she came running almost instantly. She wasn't badly hurt, and she obviously isn't afraid of me because of it.

Still, I hope she'll learn to stay a little farther back; you never know when I'll lose my balance and have to step back.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment