Monday, February 20, 2017

Dixie in the backyard

DIXIE AND ME...
I didn't feel like going to the dog park today, so I took Dixie into the backyard. I left her, exited the yard and walked onto the deck. I sat on a bench and watched her sit for nearly 15 minutes, doing nothing.

Finally, Dixie got up and began to patrol the backyard for scents. She sniffed in the usual places, then added a place or two she normal doesn't check out.

All too soon, though, she went back to the gate and laid down. Sighing, I got up and went to her, hooked her leash to her collar and took her inside.

It wasn't an exciting day, more like a dull half hour, but it was something to do. Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel better, and we'll return to the dog park. And maybe walk a bit.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.comTWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment