Monday, February 6, 2017

Camera shy

CAMERA SHY LADY...
Lady was always camera shy. One time, my wife Holly and I were in the dining room, and Holly was trying to get a photo of Lady. She kept squirming away.

Finally, I pulled her up into my lap, and I had to hold mightily so she couldn't get away. You'll see that photo (with the dirty paw) on the top of The Dog Blog.

I tried to take the photo at left just after Lady came home from the groomer. She was wearing an orange bandanna (with ribbons on her head) in honor of Halloween. She wanted SO to get away, but she finally sat. GO AHEAD, she seemed to say; GET IT OVER WITH.

As it turns out, those were two of my favorite photos with Lady.

Dixie (Lady's replacement) isn't as camera shy; it's just hard to get a photo of her. Usually, she'll lie down, roll over and show her belly (what she does around other dogs; it's a defense mechanism). You CAN find a photo in this blog with her sitting on my chest. But she wouldn't look at the camera.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.



EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment