Friday, February 10, 2017

My dog's prettier than your dog

PHOTO TAKEN AT COVINGTON PARK...
I was always proud of our late mutt Lady; maybe I was a little vain as well. Others would talk about their beautiful dogs, and most of the time I knew mine was prettier.

Everywhere we went, people gushed over Lady.

Lady and I were walking into the dog park one day, and a woman was bragging on another owner's dog. I thought, That's a nice-looking dog, but Lady's prettier.

A minute later, the woman noticed Lady. "Oh, isn't that the most beautiful dog?" the woman said of Lady. She carried on for a minute, and my happiness dimmed a bit. Does she do that over every dog? I wondered.

I wound up feeling bad for the first dog owner; that WAS a pretty dog.

But Lady was prettier.

P.S.: I knew Lady wasn't the prettiest dog in the world. We got Lady because the dog my wife wanted, Timothy, had already been taken. He was black with white spots, a real beauty. Still, she was lovely. And she was a sweetie.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016.


EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com  TWITTER: EDITORatWORK

BLOG ENTRIES FROM THE AUTO RACING JOURNAL
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment