Saturday, April 15, 2017

Dixie and I had our own handy helper

I DIDN'T HAVE A CAMERA WITH ME TODAY,
SO I'M USING AN OLD PHOTO AGAIN.
Dixie and I had our own Good Samaritan helper today when we were taking our walk. Dixie got her leash tangled in a neighbor's bush just as our mail lady pulled up to the mailbox behind me.

The mail lady was trying to give me the wrong mail when she realized that Dixie was stuck and I was struggling to unhook her. So she got out of her jeep-like vehicle, took the end of the retractable leash and went down and extricated Dixie.

Then she spent two or three minutes petting Dixie and talking nice to her.

Dixie was thrilled, and I was happy.

Then the helpful mail lady drove along and put our mail in the right box.
EMAIL: tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.comTWITTER: EDITORatWORK.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment