Saturday, October 8, 2016

Worrying about Dixie

WE NEED TO GET A NEW PHOTO OF DIXIE.
I spent today worried about Dixie. She found something in the trash that made her throw up last night.

She didn't get out of her crate when I opened it this morning. In fact, she spent most of the day in her crate; she rarely changed position from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.

She didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't pee. She just laid in her bed. After Lady's death three weeks ago today, I could only think of the worst.

Several times I talked to her and tried to get her to venture out of the crate. Finally at 6, I decided to get her leash and come back and get her. I didn't need to. When I got the leash, she came to me.

We couldn't walk because of the rain in the Triad (and most of the East Coast), so I took her for a ride. We drove to Big Lots and walked under the awning. It wasn't perfect, but it was an outing.

We were heading toward a man and a boy, and, for some reason, Dixie didn't want to keep going. Maybe she didn't like the boy playing with a football. We went back to the car and came home.

It wasn't much of a walk, but Dixie was active again, and we got a little exercise. I fed her a little kibble and wet food when we got home, and now she's back in her crate. And I'm watching the Alabama-Arkansas football game on ESPN.
Blog entries by Tom Gillispie
• Advice for be and would-be novelists

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie


EDITOR@WORK blog entries

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment