Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Early days at the park


I TOOK THIS SHOT OF LADY A COUPLE OF
YEARS AGO. I BELIEVE SHE'S DOING A PEE DANCE.

Lady and I usually go to the park in the evening, but we went early this morning. The weather was cool, and I was up.

The grass was wet, and, naturally, she rolled in it and came back soaked; fortunately, I keep a towel handy in the van.


A man had a rambunctious two- or three-year-old dog there, and it tried to get Lady to play. I was pleased that she didn't take umbrage to its playfulness. She just let him know that she's an older lady (12 when this was written) and isn't much of a player anymore.


I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to go. I needed to work, and Lady wanted a nap.

*
Lady and I went to the park early this morning (Sept. 24) as well. She got soaked as she rolled in the wet grass, but she had a great time despite the absence of other dogs.

Who knows? We might go again this evening, if I get some work done.



Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from the Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment