Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mighty weak? Yeah, sure

LADY'S STILL PRETTY STRONG.
Our vet told me a couple years ago that our 11-year-old Lady was losing muscle mass in "her lower body," which, I assume, means her legs.

I don't think so. Walk Lady, and you'll quickly see how weak her legs are.

The other day, we hooked Lady (12 when this was written) on this metal cord that's covered with plastic; she took off after a squirrel so violently that she broke her harness.

Today, we hooked her to the same cord in the backyard. Naturally, that squirrel showed up again. She didn't break her new harness this time, but she did destroy her leash. Snapped it right off.

Mighty weak. R-i-i-g-h-t.

My wife joked that it's a good thing the leash snapped; she might have taken the whole fence down otherwise.

Update (Aug. 19, 2013): I have to admit that Lady has lost muscle mass in her hind end. Another vet showed me where to p
ush gently, and I could feel it. Still, Lady surges powerfully when she wants to.

NOTE: Lady passed on Sept. 17, 2016, and now we have a beagle named Dixie.

Contact: I can be reached at tgilli52@gmail.com or nc3022@yahoo.com. Also, my Twitter handle is EDITORatWORK.

More entries from the Dog Blog

Blog entries from The Auto Racing Journal
(a book of great stories about the Intimidator)
(the book of great NASCAR stories)

More blog entries by Tom Gillispie

Anecdotes by Tom Gillispie

No comments:

Post a Comment